With almost 20 years experience in the industry, Louise is fully certified and accredited. She has several internationally recognised diplomas through L’Oreal Professionnel, Schwarzkopf and Toni & Guy. She is also recognised through the IHS (International Hairdressing Society). Louise has been nominated 5 times for an ABIA award through Australia’s Read more [...]
This is your day, the biggest day of your life and you want everything to be perfect. It’s not only your bridal gown that you want to be perfect – it’s also your hair. Sydney has some amazing wedding hair stylists. Think day-of hair extensions and Cinderella updos, complete with tiaras and jewelled hair clips. Or you could be looking for a natural-looking colour overhaul and something a bit more relaxed.
We have collected some of the most popular wedding hairstyles to inspire you:
- Romantic Low Ponytail - Brides with thick hair have endless up-do options, including this pony-bun hybrid.
- Sleek Topknot With a Back Braid – Trying to wrangle very thick hair? This a great option for controlling volume and the frizz and fly aways.
- Effortless Fishtail Braid - Sure, braids lend themselves to a variety of wedding hairstyles, but for outdoor weddings, you really can’t beat the simplicity.
- Sweeping Low Bun - Polished yet playful, this updo is super lustworthy if you’re saying your “I dos” beachside.
- Loose Waves with a Flower Crown - Free-spirited brides, look no further than this wavy hairstyle topped a boho flower crown.
- Glossy Ponytail With Bangs - Blunt bangs put captivating eyes on display.
- Regal Updo With a Jewel Crown - Add a sparkling headband—it’s a simple addition that’s sure to dazzle your guests.
- Classic Low Chignon - Embrace your inner flower child with this petal-pushing style.
- Elegant, Vintage-Style Curls - This voluminous style exudes sophistication.
- Long, Smooth Curls – always an elegant wedding hairstyle.
- Ballerina Bun - A dazzling floral headpiece is the ultimate finishing touch for this beautiful bun.
- Grecian Style - A Grecian wreath headpiece is supremely elegant wrapped around your bun hairstyle.
- Half-up, half-down - Half-up, half-down hairstyles will never go out of style.
Depending on your wedding theme, there are so many options from bridal hairdressers – for example if you were having an old world Hollywood Glamour feel to your big day, you could opt for classic vintage waves with structure. Or if you have Rapunzel-length locks – a swept to the side look would be amazing. Imagine channelling your inner Grecian vibes with a braided updo enhanced by a crown of luxurious greenery.
Once you’ve decided on your hair, the bridesmaids can be a scaled down version or even something totally different! Have fun with it and play around with hairstyles that suit. Most Sydney bridal hairdressers are happy to do a trial and if you are happy with the hairstyle, they will come to you on your big day. Enjoy!
Makeup, Hair Styling & Tanning for Brides & Bridesmaids No matter your taste from simple to extravagant, we believe you deserve to feel amazing and looking your best everyday. Life is busy and it’s hard to take time out for you, especially when you feel run down. We happen to create Read more [...]
From the age of 18, Maximilian Scarpa put all my energy into becoming a leading stylist and now Alongside his brother Pier and sister Gabriella they continue this tradition as the 3rd generation of Scarpa hair professionals. Maximilian was born in Italy, and driven by the love of his homeland Read more [...]